Bartlett Track – Blackhole Track Loop:
Bartlett track, another wonderful walk in the woods. Covering about 6 km’s, this loop walk is reasonably easy with the main uphill stretch on Blackhole Track being the only real challenge, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
A number of trails branch off this track and the walk could easily be extended. Find more walking tracks in the Dandenongs here.
- 6kms approx / 1.5 – 2 hours
- Easy to moderate walk with a reasonably steep climb up Blackhole Track
- No toilets (nearest public toilets are located by Olinda Recreation Reserve or Olinda)
- No dogs allowed.
Parking at the end of Bartlett track on Falls Road is limited, the other option is to park a couple of hundred metres further up Falls Road at the end of Mathias Track.
- Starting at Mathias car park, walk down Mathias Track about 50metres and take the small, unmarked track to the left (Predator track) which joins into Bartlett Track (or walk down Falls Road to the junction of Bartlett track).
- Follow down Bartlett Track for about 500 metres until the junction with Rifle Range Track, turn right and continue along Rifle Range Track. Walk quietly and be on the lookout for Lyrebirds and other native critters.
- At the junction of Rifle Range and KC track, turn right and follow KC Track until it joins Blackhole Track and continue up to meet Mathias Track. Head right and follow Mathias Track back to the car park.