Dog Cafes near Melbourne
Finding dog-friendly cafes in the Dandenong Ranges and near Melbourne isn’t as crazy as it sounds. A few dedicated dog-friendly cafes have sprouted in Melbourne and the outer regions such as the Dandenongs too.
- The Doggie Cafe in Boronia is so much fun and the owners just love what they do. Your pooch will be treated like a V.I.P! There is even a renovated shipping container room with dog-friendly sofas, doggie movies on the TV or customers can sit in the garden area that is dedicated to making your dog feel welcomed with all sorts of activities.
- Up in the Dandenongs at Olinda a few cafes have a dedicated area where people can enjoy a cuppa and meal as well as have their dogs on decked areas, Ranges Cafe and Olinda Cafe are both pet-friendly with courtyards out the back of their cafes.
- Mt Dandenong Village boasts a few particularly good cafes- Montage has wonderful food and outside tables. The Mt Dandenong Deli and also the bakery have outside tables where people can sit with dogs.
- Skyhigh on Mt Dandenong welcomes dogs at their outside cafe, on-lead though, please.
- Seasons Restaurant at Cloudehill also welcomes dogs on a leash at their outside dining area, then you can also visit the beautiful Cloudehill Gardens with your dog on a leash.
- In the sweet village of Sassafras, customers can sit outside and munch away on delicious food with their pooches at Ripe Cafe as well as across the road at Proserpina Bakery. Up the other end of the town, Fat Badger Cafe has outside seating that can be used too.
Before feeding yourself and your dog, go have a fabulous walk on dog-friendly trails in the Dandenongs as we have some of the best walks up here, even a the best dog off-lead area in Olinda that has a playground for the kids as well as acres of open land for dogs to run free, with some of the best views in the Dandenong Ranges too!
Dog Cafes, Melbourne
The Doghouse Cafe in Collingwood is very popular with canines and their humans as they offer some rather decadent doggy treats.
Grub Cafe in Fitzroy is not officially a dog cafe, but they have a smashing undercover section where doggies can be inside and enjoy some ‘cafe-time’ with their best friends. We loved this place, it is super funky and the food is awesome!
Pet-Friendly Accommodation Dandenong Ranges
Quite a few B&B’s and Cottages in the Dandenongs are pet-friendly, making it easy to have a getaway in the Hills.
Pin and Save