The Tan Track, Sherbrooke
The Tan Track is dog and pram friendly and is an easy walk with a bit of an uphill climb which can be started from the Ferny Creek Recreation Reserve- as long as an event is not being held.
Horse riding, dog walking, jogging, and walking. The track is open to dog walkers and horse riding too. The centre of the park is forested with some open grassy areas.
- 2.7 km | 40 minutes walking.
- Easy walking on a good surface with some hill walking, though not too steep.
- Park at the Ferny Creek Recreation Reserve
- Toilets, BBQ’s, some picnic tables available.
- Playground for the kids.
- Get Directions by car
Public Transport: Train to Upper Ferntree Gully then bus route no. 688 to the corner of Mt Dandenong Tourist Road and Sherbrooke Road (this bus ride takes about 15 mins), walk along Sherbrooke Road to the start of the track on the left.
- Walk out of the car park between the toilets and the tennis courts onto the track beside the road, heading left.
- The track soon merges into the Tan itself, with signage allowing horses, etc. Follow down the avenue of pines.
- At the first track junction, the walk can be done in either direction… Straight ahead is the main track and to the left is Loop Track which is part of the walk.
At this point, the walk can be done in either direction… Straight ahead is the main track and to the left is Loop Track which is part of the walk.
Signage is clear around the circuit walk… it was an unexpected surprise to encounter this chap across the fence in the Burnham Beeches Estate.
This is a lovely, short walk that is ideal for dog walkers and families needing a kid-friendly walk with the reward of a playground at the end.