Burkes Lookout Mt Dandenong Lookout
Burkes Lookout, as it is known locally, is also marked as Mt Dandenong Lookout on Google Maps. It is a beautiful spot and the walk can be extended on numerous trails.
Spectacular views across Melbourne, Port Phillip Bay and to the Macedon Ranges. Grab a cuppa and some munchies from one of the hills villages or b.y.o. picnic and relax a while on a rock or the grass…
- Total Distance: Just under 1 km
- Walking time: 20 minutes return
- Easy grade walk.
- Parking available on Osprey Road (off Ridge Road). This is a very short road.
- Public Transport: Bus service along Ridge Road, Mt Dandenong from Croydon or Ferntree Gully. Ask the driver to let you off at Osprey Road/Kyeema Memorial.
- No toilets. Nearest public toilets: Olinda or Sky High, Mt Dandenong
- Pram-Friendly though can be a bit bumpy. A suitable pram for rougher tracks is ideal.
- Depending on the wheelchair type, it is possible to use this track.
- No dogs, bikes or horses allowed.
- Picnic Tables: No
How to get to Burkes Lookout, Mt Dandenong
From the car park on Osprey Road, follow Kyeema Track along the ridge to the view point. A short distance from the car park is the Kyeema Memorial site.